I always seem to put pressure on myself when I haven't posted for awhile ("awhile" in this case being 2 weeks) like : "This better be good" or "Give your readers something good to read"...and then I delay posting another day or two. I realized (as I have been WAY too often lately) how that is once again rooted in pride. I don't want to do something if I can't do it perfectly. Not to mention the fact, it's prideful to believe that people are somehow waiting on pins and needles for my next "gratitute post." Not true, I know. I just want to live "intentionally" and finish something I start.
618. fresh blueberries and banana on my cereal
619. lying in bed listening to the rain...and not having to get up!
620. smell of garlic and onion cooking together
621. free movie tickets
622. lounging kitty
623. smell of cilantro!
624. relief from allergies
625. new buds on the Gerber daisies
626. chocolate icing on little girls' faces
627. donuts and coffee to commence a road trip
628. ruffles on little girls' swimsuit bottoms
629. not wearing a watch
630. produce stands
631. movie outdoors under the stars
632. nap in the hammock
633. 5 year old dancing and bouncing on her bed while lip synching Taylor Swift
634. fruit smoothies
635. sleeping off a migraine
636. light in the dark places
637. shower of birthday cards!
638. starting and finishing a book all in one day
639. string of green traffic lights
640. sacrificial and thoughtful gifts
641. not being in a hurry
642. rescuing the crazy Joey cat from the hot roof (he knows this is a "no-no")
643. pouring over decorating magazines with a friend
644. tackling cleaning projects that are long overdue...I do get a weird sort of satisfaction from them
645. making my husband's lunch
646. walking home in the dark
647. wearing a swimsuit in public (with a cover-up of course!)
648. pictures drawn by a 3 year old
649. a haphazard game of candy land with a 4 year old and a 2 year old (it was hard to keep their attention...this required many interventions:)
650. planning next year's vacation and seeing how excited it makes my dad (being a travel agent for the National Parks was perhaps a missed calling of his:)
651.a loaded car, ready to go
652. sunscreen and beach towels
653. having the pool to ourselves
654. that "summer" feelling as I shut the last box and close the door "Done, til August!"
655. little boys in t-ball uniforms
656. how you're automatically "famous" when you're a kindergarten teacher and show up at a t-ball game
657. how my mom's face does a cute little crinkle when she smiles
658. driving Bob's car like i know what I'm doing:) (manual which is new to me)

No comments:
Post a Comment