endless gifts

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

307-353

Just a clarification...this ongoing list of things I'm grateful for which my "mentor" Ann Voskamp calls "the endless gifts"...it's not just tapping into "the power of positive thinking." These come straight from God's hand...even if somewhat indirectly. When life is hard or monotonous (when is it not for one reason or another?), it's a comfort to know He's pouring out into our lives. He's there...we just have to look.  And it keeps me as the recipient from my Gracious Father. I deserve nothing...these bright spots in my days are straight from the Giver of all Good Gifts. 

307.friend asking for my help (for some reason I feel honored when someone asks me to do them a favor...maybe because I know a lot of my friends are like me and hardly ever ask for help)
308. cupcakes from our neighbor
309. the weather that matches my mood
310. mail from a 3 year old
311. curling up in the recliner on a Sunday
312. pizza delivery
313. husband who makes my lunch
314. mint crinkle cookies at Panera
315. the long line of cars at the recycling place on Saturday...that means a lot of people taking care of the Earth!
316. migraine meds that work
317. grace from my husband when I don't feel well
318. the path of lamplight
319. conversations about life with my school custodian
320. awesome substitute teachers
321. board games
322. new markers
322. microwave defrost cycle
323. pigtails and leg warmers on a 2 year old
324. students who love to read
325. spring decorations
326. a mix CD from my principal (she comes driving into the parking lot each morning with her music blaring...I can hear the bass. I told her I liked her music. She said she'd make me a CD :)
327. house shoes
328. school nurses...not just there to help the kids!
329. children laughing outloud while I read them a story
330. down blankets
331. outdoor recess
332. genuine concern
333. new shoes
334. airport runs to pick up people i love (the road that circles the KCI terminals is exactly .49 miles long)
335. book fairs
336. oatmeal with peanut butter, bananas, and craisins
337. free coffee drinks
338. my husband who gets giddy (so that he can't sleep!) about our new phones
339. my husband enjoying his job and telling me stories (we all know he's heard just a few of my stories...)
340. miracle of Joey the cat coming back home  (I was reminded of it this week as it was the "year anniversary" where he ran away)
341.my dad's jokes
342. familiarity of knowing who is at school by checking the cars in the parking lot
343. Holy Spirit reminding me when not to say something ... ("Leave it alone, Megan")
344. rain boots
345. movies
346. a hidden chocolate stash at home and school!
347. awesome parent volunteers
348. knowing I'm empty and can't make it through the day without Him
349. snooze alarm...it makes me feel like I'm stealing a few more minutes of sleep...all about perspective I say.
350. getting home earlier than usual
351. Saturday morning breakfast at a new restaraunt
352. prayer times in the car
353. watching a friend have faith in God and His Goodness that encourages and inspires me

No comments: