endless gifts

Monday, January 31, 2011

#s 202-236

Endless gifts and blessings from above...(once you get started, it's hard to stop!)
202. little girls who wear lacy socks to church
203. babies who are always smiling and happy!
204. babies in overalls
205. driving to  church with the SUN SHINING!
206. eating at a new restaurant (wanted to go there since forever!)
207. my assistant principal who lifts up the wind shield wipers on my car and everyone else's in the parking lot so they don't get stuck to the windshield
208. seeing a student again after they've been sick for several days! (don't get me wrong, I love seeing them everyday...just especially good to see them after you've missed them several days in a row!)
209. a good friend telling me something I should add to my "thankful" list
210. a good friend sharing with me her burden
211. trees that are ice covered, glistening on the way to school
212. weathermen...they may not always be right...but they're a lot more right than i would ever be!
213. gift cards to Cold Stone!
214. the guy at Cold Stone accidentally giving me a larger size than  what I ordered (no extra charge)
215. sharing ice cream...best of both worlds
216. birthdays giving us a reason to celebrate life a little bit more
217. a student writing about going to church and learning about God
218. someone I admire asking me to have coffee with her...I know I could learn a lot from her as we've walked similar roads
219. finishing a book
220. Barnes and Noble dates with my husband...how you can get coffee, cheesecake, and just sit and look at books for hours in comfy chairs...what more could I ask for?
221. finding a CD I haven't listened to in way too long
222. my husband who cleans the house, goes grocery shopping, does the laundry, and updates finances so I don't have to...seriously.
223. visiting with those older and wiser than me
224. hair cuts and how they make me feel so much better!
225. good attitudes and how they're contagious
226. Sunday afternoon naps
227. encouragement...it's oxygen to the soul
228. unexpected visits
229. the Joey cat curled up in a perfect ball
230. possibilities
231. my school family
232. pregnant women and the cute "baby bumps"
233. Truth that I need to hear
234. the promise of spring...no matter how long this winter is or how many snow days I will have to make up later...
235. one of my past students who gets recipes and coupons for "Mrs. G and Mr. Bob" from the grocery store every time she goes with her teacher mom:)
236. memorizing the book of Colossians...so good to have God's Word on the "tip of my tongue"

No comments: