endless gifts

Thursday, September 30, 2010

thankful part 3

A few thoughts this week on things to be thankful for...

I must say if you really want to be inspired about simple but incredible things, you need to read this blog. I must read this blog.
Stop. Do not pass go. Do not collect 100 dollars. Go now. Read it. You can come back to mine later. This lady is a much better writer than I will ever even hope to be. She has a gift.

Anywho, if I had a list of women who greatly inspire me and I think we'd be great friends (pardon the phrase, but "soul sisters" comes to mind): Ann Voskamp (the author of the aforementioned blog-go read it if you haven't yet) and Sara Groves would be at the very tip top of my list.

Without further adieu...my list

21. a newly discovered harmony in a well loved song (if you know me well enough, you know i love singing harmonies...especially with my sister)
22. walking through a neighborhood in twilight...it's almost like all of the houses are "tucking themselves in" for the night. It's a pleasant feeling.
23. Pumpkin flavored and spiced everything is back...hallajujah!
24. mist and fog slowly moving across a field in the morning as I meet with the Son for my day. It's one of those things that a picture really wouldn't do justice to.
25.having a "theme" song as I drive to work: right now my sound track consists of some "oldies but goodies" (Bethany Dillon "You're all I need" and Shawn McDonald to name a few) For some reason having a specific morning mix just makes going to school and facing a rather daunting day a lot easier. And reminds me of the Jesus inside of me.

Until I think of more thankful things....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Megan, I respect Ann Voskamp...but I never get into her blog. More of my friends read her blog than any other blog, I think, so I read it to keep up, but it is just a bit to poetic for me too love. I feel the same way about Shakespeare, so she shouldn't feel bad. She does have a gift, but you have a gift too...translating things into 5 year old speak. I like your writing...and your stories about kids.

Sara Groves music or blog or both?

I love the theme song thing...it reminds me of The Emperor's New Groove. You must watch if you haven't seen.

Megan said...

You have a really good point...and something I couldn't quite put my finger on. It is very poetic...and maybe because it's so different from my everyday reality, I love it so...who knows. Sara Groves-both music and blog:)
I've sort of watched Emperer's new Groove...but fallen asleep. Bob makes fun of me...but really, there aren't many movies I haven't fallen asleep while watching.
Are you still "9 months pregnant" with the whole moving thing?

Katie said...

facebook...blog...you'll know. I'll send you and email if you are worried. Going to hibernate now.

Well, Kronk has his own theme song, and Emperor Couscous makes fun of him...that is what I thought of. :)