endless gifts

Friday, September 24, 2010

School Stories

I feel like my blog needs a hearty helping of school stories. I've gotten kind of lazy and share some of them on facebook...but I miss the old days where I described them in detail on my blog. So here goes...

"hey Mrs. G, his nose is leaking." one student concerned about another who had snot running down his face

"Hey Mrs. G, are you a car rider or a bus rider?" (student on the way to the bus one day)
"well, I'm a car rider I guess...really a car driver because I drive my car to school." (me)
"Your mom lets you drive your car to school?!? Wow!" (student easily impressed)

"____ what color are your eyes?" me (I'm drawing a picture of her as a demonstration)
"Purple!" student (her favorite color mind you)
Your eyes aren't purple!" me
"But I want them to be!" student

"Don't worry Mrs. G, I don't think he's allergic to you...just something in the air." (student A after student B sneezes so much I thought he was going to go into cardiac arrest)

"Mrs. G...you smell good...like cookies."

One of my students was drawing a picture of his family at writing time and labeling the people. He was telling me who everyone was (included extended family-Grandpa Keith, Uncle Joe, etc...) and then I pointed to one he hadn't mentioned. "Who is that right there?" me
"Oh, that's you!" student
"really, I'm a part of your family?" me
"of course" student

"Hold on...my idea got lost in my brain." one of my students from last year when his first grade teacher called on him in class

I overheard this one on my way in from recess:
(two little girls holding hands and skipping down the sidewalk)
"You are my new best friend. I'm going to invite you to all of my birthday parties forever and ever...what's your name again? " (because who you invite to you birthday party when you are five is the utmost test of friendship)

Those are the good ones I can think of at the moment. Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Katie said...

so fun!

neubiewaters said...

I love kindergarten stories...keep 'em coming. Last year when I subbed in a Kgarten teacher's class I had recess duty. A little girl (whom I'd had earlier in the month in a different class) came over to talk to me. She began to explain that her dad was trying to make her mom pregnant again and that she'd soon have another brother & sister...was hillarious!