endless gifts

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Finally...a picture update

It's a "sign of the times:" I am so stinkin busy with school that I have to be sick to have time to update my blog. (pink eye in both eyes and I am really uber sensitive to light...a big problem) But enjoy! Notice you will see any food pictures...it's how we cope with stress I guess :)

Week of August 201. Joey the cat during his usual...laying in the laundry basket-one of his favorite things (even when there are not clothes in there to keep warm).
2. n Saturday my husband surprised me with homemade peach french toast, yummy coffee, and 3 loads of laundry already done. I had had one of the worst days ever at school the day before and he really knew how to bless me! You should be jealous of the french toast...and usually I don't like french toast because it's too "eggy" for me. (You know it's the one thing I really don't like at all). But Bob makes it in a way that is yummy.


Week of August 27

3. Made a birthday card for my friend Dawn's niece. She said it's one of her favorites. I would have to concur. Notice the envelope is homemade :) 4. And I just couldn't get enough of the first envelope so I made another:) fuschia Pink and chocolate brown...my trademark.

Week of September 3

5. Made homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies. My friend Champ points out "you know they're not that expensive to buy." I told her I knew that. The name of the game was creativity in the kitchen...not on saving money and being extremely efficient.6. Lemon Blueberry muffins...need I say more? (made with lemon yogurt so they are extra moist and yummy)


Week of September 10

7. On the way home from church, I was inspired by the sunflowers and country roads. I took a few pictures I thought were fun times.


8. Sunflowers always remind me of running. When I was in high school we ran along this road near the airport that had so many sunflowers growing, we called it "Sunflower Road." Hence, sunflowers and running. Don't do so much running these days...

9. We went to Weston, MO for some geocaching with my sister Jen. The first one we didn't find but this is the field where we went (Red Barn Farm). Then we went to Weston Bend State Park (see below picture).
10. Yeah, beautiful, right? We hiked along this trail for a few hours and found 1 geocache and didn't find another one.
11. This was our geocache prize. We put a bouncy ball in it's place for the next person (with geocaching, if you take an item from the cache, you need to replace it with something else).


Week of September 17

12. Rainy Saturday afternoon and Joey with the laundry...need I say more? Bob and I keep telling him he needs to get a job...
13. We made little mini cheesecakes and added strawberries and chocolate on top. Delish (and super duper easy)14. Morning journaling, time with God, and coffee. This keeps me sane. Love this time of day! Just wish I had an hour instead of 20 minutes.

Hopefully it won't be a month next time...

3 comments:

[ lance and kelsey crandall ] said...

oh megan, i love you. and i love reading your posts. i am jealous of your fun food creations!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I am stoked that you have a blog? Love it. And love that we seem to have quite a few things in common. Then again...you look like you're quite the amazing baker.....me, not so much. :) Missed you at church yesterday!

Our Family said...

Hey Megan! I need you to come help me with some cooking classes:) I love seeing all the things you make. Gives me inspiration, now if I can just put the inspiration to work :)