endless gifts

Saturday, August 14, 2010

milking it for what it's worth...

Here are some of the last "morsels of goodness" I was able to squeeze from summer...

Week of July 30






I gave a baby shower for my good friend Sasha. It was the first one I've ever done by myself...and it was fun! I made strawberry salsa and chocolate cupcakes and people were pretty excited about them. Baby Justice should be here in September! Sasha has been a good friend to me!


card order I was working on for a "client" (a good friend's step-mom). I made 13 of the top card, 25 of the middle silver one, and 12 altogether of the above two.
Bob and I went "Geo-caching" (sort of like treasure hunting with a GPS) and this is what we found at one of the locations. We also signed our name to say we had been there, took an item from the container, and left an item for the next person. The above (blue birdie) is called a "travel bug" that goes from location to location.
We made granola...yummy, yum, yum! Will make again...and maybe had semi-sweet chocolate next time!

Week of August 7



Our friends Matthew and Leslie got married (oops...didn 't get a picture of them. The bride and groom are always so busy at wedding.). They had a coffee bar at their reception and they had limes as center pieces on each of the tables. Above are the Geldarts and the Gelbands:) Bob's good friend Dan and his wife Emilee sang at the wedding and it was fun to hang out with them.


So we didn't have lemons...but we had limes so we made ...key lime pie. I squeezed (by hand I might add) about 14 lime halves. My hand was cramping afterwards:)

Week of August 14

We went to visit Bob's parents in nashville. They have three big dogs( the one pictured is Mysti the Weimaraner) and they love to swim in the pool. I forgot to get any pictures of Bob with his parents. You can tell the dogs are loved:)

We stopped at my cousin heidi's place in St. Louis on the way back from Nashville for a quick visit and yummy lunch. I thought the blueberries and flowers were charming.
Made this for dinner ... shrimp, mango, and avacado salad with sweet chili vinnagrette. Bob found the recipe in his Bon Appetit magazine. It was pretty delish. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with shrimp at times...but this made me really happy.

You can tell I've spent some time at school...much fewer pictures this time. Sad but true. I will meet my new precious responsibilities this week...and we'll spend 9 months together. Please make sure and mention us to the Father.

3 comments:

Bob Cory said...

Yay for summer, boo for... not summer. Not really, every season has its good times, but I'll miss the extra times I got to spend with you and the great meals you've been able to create!

Our Family said...

So sorry it is coming to an end! But just think of next summer and all the fun things you will get to do again:) Have a great school year!

Love you!

Christy

Katie said...

I love the cards, they are so cute, so Megan.

Oh, and your post made me realize that my china mugs are supposed to be stacked that way, with saucers in between them. I always thought they were just designed terribly, but now they are looking very cute in my cabinet. Thanks