endless gifts

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The flip that flopped, birthdays, and road trip!


Week of July 2

1. Before you say "What the heck?" about the pink flip flop, let me explain. The last day of summer school, my beloved flip flop bit the dust. Kicked the bucket. My students were concerned about Mrs. G and what shoes I would wear the rest of the day. I got to thinking about all of the places these flip flops have been...Hawaii, the streets of b-town, up and down my apartment stairs to do laundry, etc... I know it's just a shoe...but it feels like a chapter has closed. Silly I know. Where will my next pair of flip flops take me?

2. On my birthday, I had a "responsibility free" day. I went to the pool, journaled for a longer amount of time than I'd like to admit, talked to God, and tried to ignore the loud radio of the guy next to me :)



3. My awesome husband made me the above cake for my bday. You should be jealous:)

4. Made the above for my dad's birthday...it was a "gift card" for an activity of his choice. We watched a John Wayne western together. This makes me happy.

5. Celebrating our 3 July bdays at my parents (me, dad, Jen)

6. Fire works at SBU (jen, phil, me, bob)



Week of July 9
7. So...ran into JFK at the antique store. My sister took me to get cinnamon rolls and antique shop for my bday. We found the above mask. A little creepy but funny none the less.

8. Fruit pizza Jen made - yum!

9. Went to Silver Dollar City with some of my favorite Bolivar kids...Kate, Tara, Katie, and Sam
10. the girls Katie, Katie-bug, and Tara
11. Sam-bo and me...we had some fun conversations. I asked him if he had a girlfriend and he said "no." Then he said that God will pick for him.
In another convo, told him if Bob and I ever have a boy...I want him to be as cool as Sam. He seemed a bit concerned "But he can't be cooler than me..." I told him not to worry. I'll just send him to the Sam Wooderson Charm School. Sam said "he can come over to my house and I"ll teach him stuff." ha ha


12. My mom and I road tripped to Georgia/Tennessee to pick my cousin and grandma ("mamaw") up for my brother's wedding. Fun times in the car :) Nothing says summer like a good road trip.
13. This is the epitome of my great mamaw's house...sitting around the table drinking coke in her apple glasses. They're probably 50 years old.
16. Love this chair. (in great mamaw's living room)17. Her mantel with everyone's picture...it's like a gallery


18. My great mamaw, mom, and mamaw looking at pictures and telling stories. Love to hear great mamaw tell stories. The woman is almost 99 (in about a month) and is so sharp, stinkin hilarious, fiesty, and still lives alone in her little house she's lived in for 80 years now.

19. Don't let this picture deceive you. She is very "with it." I want to be this spunky and Jesus loving when I'm her age (Lord willing).
20. WE ate authentic Indian food with my sister for her bday. Evidentally in India they eat with just their right hand (no forks!). Bob was very adventurous! 21. bob and Joey napping in the sun (notice Bob is copying Joey's position)

No comments: