So I normally stay away from these posts...you know the really reflective, trying to be super spiritual and insightful ramblings...but I am really in need of it tonight.
On my best day, I am still a saint who sins. Jesus' substituted his life for mine and therefore my identify has been changed. Some days I get it-"it" being kingdom life. Some days I can be thoughtful and unselfish. Some days I can turn the other cheek. Some days I say the right thing at the right time. Some days I listen to the Spirit. Some days I can be unjudgemental. Sometimes I can be all about others. Some days I want the best for those who don't like me.
And some days I can say the completely wrong thing at the completely wrong time. And some days I can be selfish even when I am trying to be thoughtful. And some days I can be really critical of myself and others. And some days I want the worst for my friends and "enemies." And some days I am just all about myself. And some days I choose to live by my flesh instead of the higher and better option.
And beyond what I can understand, I am still accepted and loved. By Him. And He's the one whose love and acceptance matters. And One Day I won't struggle with the flesh anymore. One Day when I see Him face to face I will be perfected like Him. This world and all that seems to matter to me now will not matter anymore. Getting ahead...won't matter anymore. Looking good in front of others...won't matter anymore. Saying the right thing...won't matter anymore.
But today is today and someday is someday. And His grace upholds me Today as well as Someday.

1 comment:
Hey Megan, I saw your post feed through facebook. Encouraging words, and I feel that way too, on a pretty regular basis. But your right about a savior who loves us despite our shortcomings. It was good to run into you several weeks back.
Post a Comment