I really like routine and familiarity. I like the fact that as I'm driving to school in the mornings, I usually pass the same middle school kid walking to school on the sidewalk. I like the fact that I know what kinds of "vices" my coworkers have (wendy: chocolate milk, nicki:mountain dew, dawn: diet coke, marty:dr.pepper). I enjoy the fact that i know what Bob will probably choose as a snack when he gets home, what kinds of grapes are his favorites, and where he puts his keys when he gets home. I like the fact that Joey is waiting by the door when I get home (careful not to let him out!) and that when I leave the screen door open, he'll lift his little nose and sniff the cool air. I like the fact that I know little things about my students: D loves Nascar racing, C has a thing for turtles and a major love for the army and is a master drawer of tanks, and S really loves dinosaurs (which is a little surprising since I've never met a girl who loves dinosaurs so much!). I know that A and K love watermelons, that C brings her lunch on everyday except for Wednesday which is chicken patty day, and that X will more likely than not leave his jacket at school everyday (I don't love that one so much). I like that I know that I will talk to my mom on the phone on my way to school most mornings and that every Saturday I call my Mamaw in Georgia. I like that I know that on the first Saturday in May every year, you can find my dad watching the Kentucky Derby on TV. I enjoy the fact that I know one of my sister's favorite combos (carrots and peanut butter-it's yet to win me over) and that my brother loves the Kettle Cooked BBQ chips.
I know these are just little things...but its seems little things are mostly what make up our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment