Okay, so you're probably thinking "What the heck?" about this picture of the dilapidated orange construction cone. The story goes like this:
I was at the recycling center a few weeks ago on a Saturday and thought I might have hit something as I was pulling out. Bob got out and checked and I thought "well, maybe i hit a milk jug or something." Bob didn't see anything when he looked underneath the car. Then driving to school a few days later I thought I heard a noise while I was driving, so when I got to school I got down on my hands and knees in the parking lot and looked underneath on both sides to see what I could see. Nothing besides what looked normal for the underside of a car. Then a few days after that (5 days after I had been at the recycling center) I was leaving for school and I hear a "k-thunk" as I pull out of my parking space. "Shoot, I probably put something on top of my car and forgot about it." I looked back and there was the orange construction cone that I had obviously run over at the recycling center earlier that week (ha! I wasn't crazy after all!). It had been up under my car for 5 stinkin' days. It definitely has the scars to prove it.
Anyway, don't think it did any damage to my car (Junior) so that's extremely good news.
In other news...May is here. Hello. Buckle your seatbelt! The name of the game at school is: assess, assess, assess, and keep on assessing because when you think you're done, you've only just begun. I'm all for assessment and seeing what my students know but when you take each assessment that has to be done one-on-one and multiple that by 21, it gets to be a little bit crazy. Oh yeah, and the other 20 are to be "productive" while I'm working one on one with the other little monkey.
It just seems like the world has a conspiracy for the month of May-showers of all types for everyone and their dog, oh yeah cousin Susie is graduating, and don't forget to make mom feel really special. I know I sound like I am complaining...please understand that I"m not but it's so easy in the month of May to loose perspective and to be worn out at the end.
Remind me, if I can help it, not to have a child in the month of May. But like I can really control that.
Week of April 30
-spinach and mushroom stuffed chicken breasts (can you say "yum?" It was a Rachel Ray recipe. She said it was a 30 minute recipe...took us at least an hourish.)
-homemade mashed potatoes (I've never done that before!)
-asparagus
-chibata roll
-we had chocolate cake i made but forgot to take a picture

No comments:
Post a Comment