endless gifts

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life in a 5 year old's body....

So I always think of funny school things I should put on here at times that are not convenient (ie: in the shower, driving to school, cooking dinner, etc...) I seem to have some of my best thoughts in the shower. Weird, right?

Here are a few school stories (which is the entire reason I started blogging in the first place 6 years ago):
Yesterday one of my students (who can be quite a monkey) said to me "Mrs. G, I love you!" and I said "Oh, well thank you...why do you love me?" To which he thoughtfully answers "Well... when I'm at home...I think about you." What an honest and sweet answer. It's true...I often think about the people I love when I'm not with them. What a an insightful little person!

One of my little students really loves cooking and food. She was "Paula Dean" for halloween the last 2 years. Anyway, she loves going to the grocery store with her mom. And she knows that "Mr. Bob" (what my kids call my husband) loves to cook too. So every time she goes to the store now, she picks up little recipes and coupons in the little holders in the aisle. She brought me a little baggie to school the other day labeled "Mr. Bob" and it was filled with recipes for 7 layer mexican dip, a chocolate cheesecake, and coupons for Wheat thins and oreos. What a funny little person:) And that really blessed my husband.

Today one of my kids said to the art teacher "Mr. Bob's birthday is tomorrow...that's Mrs. G' wife." ha ha

Overheard at lunch "Do you have Italian dressing?" student "No, I just found out the other day I'm German." student 2

The other day I saw one of my students' shoes flying through the air and it hit the window. I asked him what in the world was going on and he said it slipped while he was tying it. Good grief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these crack me up. I can't wait to be in your classroom in a week! :) I hope they have some funnies worked up!