endless gifts

Friday, March 19, 2010

MIA

So Jehosophat the cat went MIA 2 weeks ago now. This has been severely traumatic for me as he had been keeping me company while Bob was working late almost every night. We think he snuck out the door when Bob got home from work late one night without his noticing. Joey's always been curious and waits by the door when we get home. He's ran out a few times before but only made it as far as the first flight of stairs to the landing below before we scooped him up and brought him inside. Anyway, our neighbors reported him meowing outside of their door at 4 am but hadn't been seen since. We put up the below pictured "missing cat" posters, walked all over our apartment complex. Since he's such a friendly and sweet kitty he is probably living with another family by now...but gosh, I miss him. I miss coming home from the grocery store and him not waiting there for me. I miss seeing him sitting by the sliding glass door as the neighborhood "watch cat." I miss him getting up with me in the mornings as he was accustomed to doing. And I even miss some of his more annoying habits such as : playing under the sheets when I"m trying to make the bed, sitting in the laundry basket on top of clean, warm clothes, knocking over glasses of water, laying on the kitchen table, and eating plastic bags and tissue paper. Sigh. I'm making myself tear up again. Shoot. But anyway, I know he's just a kitty, but he's left a huge void behind.
Week of March 12
Week of March 19

I went to the Junie B. Jones Stageshow at Union Station last Saturday with one of my students from last year. It was her birthday and her parents invited me to with them! If you know me well enough, you know I love Junie B. JOnes. She's a fictional kindergartener whom I read to my kids...messy, says the most hilarious things, and makes you laugh outloud. I was her for Halloween this year...which was fun times.

Anyway, off to finish lesson plans, eating my chicken fettucine alfredo, and work on grade cards. I guess I better be ready for the snow...

Peace, love, and chocolate...

No comments: