Last week I was on my way to the dentist from school and one of my students called after me "Good luck at the dentist, Mrs. G! I hope you don't have any cavities!" It means a lot more since the poor kid has a mouthful of silver on his teeth.
One of my super conscientious students was working with one of my "livelier and less responsible students" one morning on making words and she said in exasperation to him "I am not impressed with you! I want you to be successful." It cracked me up.
Sadly, I've "lost" 3 students in the past month. Sheesh. I"m getting ready to take it personally. No, really-I know it's because at least two of them have not the best home situations and I am concerned about them. If you think of it, please pray for those little people. I feel so sad for them when the adults in their life make decisions that affect them in negative ways.
Please pray for us...Bob's schedule has just changed so that basically we see each other Sundays and Monday nights after school. Honestly, it's been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I put off coming home in the evenings because i know I'll be by myself. I've cried about it several times and Joey the kitty is very sweet and cuddles with me. Please pray that we will have endurance for the next 6 months (how long his schedule lasts), quality time, and grace. I feel like I'm on the phone with God saying "hi I need help" and maybe he's gotten call waiting. But as my husband would say "God is still good and we are so blessed." It's true. But it's still hard. Please pray that we would become more like Jesus during this time and we would let him carry us.
Here is the picture update...
Week of Feb. 26
My good friends Rachel and Lara were in town on a Saturday and they stopped by...I was so happy to see them! THey're two of my favorite "heart friends" from Bolivar. I'm holding Abby and the cute little guy in the blue plaid pj's is Drew. They're Rachel's sweet kids. Pictured below is the amazing chocolate cake I made. I woke up that Saturday thinking about Chocolate cupcakes...after searching through my cabinets, I found the Hershey's Cocoa Perfect Chocolate Cake recipe. Yum. I highly recommend it! The bottom picture is a card and envelope I made that I'm especially proud of.
Below is the gingerbread house that Bob and I finally made in February. WE bought it to do in December...but you know, after crisscrossing the state multiple times we were a little exhausted. I guess gingerbread men still need houses in February. The bottom two are Joey the cat. He discovered his new favorite brown blanket and loves to burrow underneath. Then he discovered my scarf. I think he could be a cat model :)

No comments:
Post a Comment