endless gifts

Saturday, March 20, 2010

a few fogotten stories

Now since I'm doing "picture updates" I guess my posts are becoming a little bit more "me" centered. I forget to add my funny kindergarten stories on there.

So, I was eating lunch with one of my students Thursday (he earned it as a reward...who knew I was such a prize? :) and he says something like "Man, I love eatin' healthy!" I look over at his tray and notice he's eating a cheeseburger and fries. I say something like "So, what's on your tray that's good for you?" He responds "well, I had a piece of broccoli!" I guess that whole "Super size my food but I'll get a diet-coke" mentally has already snuck into his brain :)

I talk to my kids all the time about being "on-task." It means "doing your job." (aka: doing whatever it is they're supposed to be doing at the time, not "messing around," and not "sitting like a bump on a log.") So one of my responsible little girls was at home with her mom. Her mom just happens to be a teacher at my school and she was making dinner. Her daughter was so excited about dinner (I think bacon was involved-I would have been happy too!)
daughter: "mom, when will it be ready? "
mom: "in about 5 minutes"
daughter: "I'm so glad you're on task, mom!"
mom: "Do you know what that means?"
daughter: "Yeah, it means you're "doing your job!"

ha ha

And my teacher friend Dawn whom I have taught with for 4 years (2 years in Bolivar and 2 years in Excelsior Springs) had a student say to her on the playground:
"Mrs. Bennett, if you eat too much, you get a baby in your belly!"
Dawn: "I hope not!"

Anyway, those are all the funnies I can think of at the moment. Sigh. I'm happy for a Saturday. Thank you Jesus for a weekend. Amen and amen.

No comments: