So my mom and I have been enjoying this week together. She came up to see me (my dad decided he could do without her for a few days:) and we've been doing wedding related things: running errands, buying all of the lanterns we could find at Gordman's, frequenting Target, going swimming at night, and having late night invitation addressing parties.
Tonight we took a little break, and had dinner with one of my parents' good friends. I've known her since we moved to KC when and I five and her husband was killed in a car accident just this last August. We literally spent 3 hours at dinner talking and catching up and I found myself thinking while listening "Wow, grief is such a journey." I don't think it's a journey that anyone would willingly take the first step on, but a journey nonetheless. It's always hard for me to know how to respond to people who are in the midst of processing their grief and loss. I know her husband is in heaven and probably sitting around telling jokes with Jesus, but I know she misses him a lot. I sensed the Spirit telling me tonight that her life was NOT in past tense. I noticed that she referred to her late husband in present tense and I liked that. His spirit is alive in heaven. However, it seemed she thought she didn't have as much of an influence on other people's lives as her husband did/does. And I took that oportunity to speak to her what I sensed was from God: that she still had a lot of Hope and her life could be full in the present tense. I hope she didn't think "yeah, she's just being idealistic and she has no idea what she's talking about." But I don't think I would have said something like that to her had I not felt it from the Lord. Anyway, this is just on my mind tonight. If you think of it, please pray for her.
Break over. Back to invitations!

1 comment:
This was interesting.
Post a Comment