endless gifts

Thursday, June 25, 2009

sixty years

My sweet, sweet Southern grandparents are celebrating 60 years of marriage today. My mom and I called them this morning and we talked to my "Papaw" and mom said something about "You've stuck it out for 60 years...that's amazing!" and he replied with something along the lines of "No, I wouldn't say that...it's been an honor." How precious. I want Bob to say that after 60 years with me:)

Here are a few things I thought of...
  • 60 years is more than double my age
  • It's approximately 21, 015 days (I figured 15 leap years in there)
  • I've lived roughly 10,200 days
  • 100 days til I get to marry the man i love! Yay!
  • 31 days until my sister returns from India
  • 10 days until Bob gets to meet these said grandparents
  • 6 days until I turn 28
  • 0 days until I can start "seizing the day" I heard one of my favorite country songs this morning-the one by Toby Keith called "The List." I think that song in a nutshell is why I am a secret or not so secret country music fan.
"Go for a walk, say a little prayer, take a deep breath of the mountain air call my folks just to chat it's time that I made time for that"

No comments: