endless gifts

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

28

28 things to be thankful for... (in no particular order)
In celebration of that milestone we call the birthday (the 28th one to be exact), I thought I'd make a little list since I'm procrastinating about going to bed.

1. The crazy cat lying down next to me. Good thing I really didn't have to do cat CPR last night. He tried to eat something on my card making table and coughed for about 5 minutes before finally swallowing it. I could go look for it in his litter box, but...that doesn't sound fun.
2. getting to hear my sister's voice today from India!
3. I spent the day with my wonderful fiance and will get to spend an entire week with him in a few days
4. cool people to hang out with
5. yummy food to taste...have you ever thought about how God could have not given us taste buds?
6. air conditioning...although it hasn't been to bad the past few days...
7. even though I completely think I put in my time in the regular school year (pretty sure I work 50-55 hours a week ), I do get some wonderful time off in the summer to be a normal person
8. seeing the Gospel blossom in people's lives
9. God writing my life story
10. I'm getting married in 3 short months to a man whom I know will love me like Christ loves the Church
11. creativity
12. Coca-cola
13. funny children
14. the close relationship I have with my family members
15. pictures...to look at an earlier time and laugh, smile, or maybe have a not as positive emotion
16. flowers
17. lightning bugs
18. sunsets-pretty sure the ones in the winter are my favorite!
19. the crazy "birthday savant gift" that God has given me to encourage others (this is the only way I can explain it)
20. road trips
21. ice cream
22. snail mail from someone I wasn't expecting it from
23. an opportunity to serve someone when it would be easier to serve myself
24. a second chance
25. antique stores...someone else's junk is someone else's treasure
26. nature
27. that I know my great grandmother (she's almost 98 and she's stinkin inspiring)
28. people I've known for more than 5 years

1 comment:

Joel said...

Yeah, I think I'm slowly figuring out the layout. Eventually...ha.

Thanks once again for the storage space. I know I've already told you several times, but I really do appreciate it a lot; so this will be the last time, I swear :)