I'm still having picture issues but hope to get it figured out soon.
I have some really funny ones to share...for example, I wear my Friday hair to school every Friday and on the last day of school last week (let me just emphasize that ... LAST WEEK...I've been done for a week :) all of my little girls wanted Friday hair too :) In case you haven't seen this little hair style, it's just a festive little thing I do on Fridays where I pull my hair up on the sides. It's sort of Princess Leia-ish. Anyway, I definitely used about 50 bobby pins. Then we got a class picture. So cute!
I think there is a bumblebee family living outside my apartment somewhere...on the stairs or something. And they like to hide and then zoom by when Erin or I are walking down the stairs. Last week she smacked one down and presumably killed it and then a second later one came flying up from down below. She thought it was the same one but it was the probably the mom or the girlfriend or the sister or something :)
Last week I got assorted gifts from my students, including but not limited to: my favorite Gerber daisies (pink!), a Chili's gift card (Bob and I enjoyed that a lot!), and a "prayer-a-day-calendar." There's a funny story about that one...my little student who gave it to me said something like the following:
student: "Here Miss Fuhrman. This is for you!"
me: "Wow, thanks (let's call him Pete) Pete! That was so thoughtful!" (me flipping through it)
student: "yeah, my grandma gave it to my mom and she didn't want it and my mom was going to give it to me but I didn't want it either...so we want you to have it." (in all seriousness)
me: (trying very hard to sound genuine at this point) "Thank you for thinking of me, sweetie!"
This thought just hit me now...but maybe God feels like that sometimes with the thoughts and "gifts" we bring him. That thought might need to develop more in my brain, but it's something to chew on.
Off to see my roomie and friend get married! Yay! I know October 3 will sneak up on me quite quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment