endless gifts

Friday, January 23, 2009

crazy kids

So last week we were literally on our way out the door for a field trip and then it was cancelled because of the weather. Imagine telling one 5 year old that Santa Claus doesn't exist anymore and multiply that by 22. That's the sea of faces I had to look at as I told them we couldn't go. But I had a few parents come to the rescue and we made snowflakes, had pizza for lunch, played a lot, etc... I guess I should have a plan B, C, and D next time we decide to go on a field trip in January.

One of my kids was scarfing down his pizza and he burps loudly. I asked him what he was supposed to say and he replied "I said it inside my head!" (meaning "excuse me" I suppose).
I asked him if he could say it outloud next time since he had burped outloud too.

Yesterday walking my kids to the car rider lane, one of my kids wouldn't get in his mom's car because there was a bee in the backseat. In one swoop, I used a child's hat that I was holding, scooped the bee out of the car, and then scraped the bee off of the woolen hat because that little girl was a little upset about the fact there was a bee on her hat. I heard her say as she got in the car "Wow, Miss fuhrman can do anything." Yeah, I usually keep my super hero cape at home though.

One of my students was distraught over the fact that I was missing 2 days of school and life at school just wasn't the same. Smile. Anyway, she was questioning her mom if there was anyone to take care of me and maybe Bob was watching me and "do teachers get paid when they're sick?" Gosh, how thoughtful. I wish all of my students cared that much:)

I guess I have several little hunters in my class. I keep getting journal entries of deer or moose that have been shot and they're bleeding all over the page. It's a little graphic at times:)

So anyway, here's hoping that I'll feel less like monkey poo soon.

Here is a picture of my valentine cards. (2 of them) If you want to buy one, call me or go to my website (www.meganscards.com) and you can order there. I'm giving the money to my sister-she's going to India this summer. Last year i made them for a friend last year who had cancer and sold 100! Wow. That's kind of how the website and boyfriend thing got started:)

Cold, cold,...lessen up just a bit, puh-lease?

No comments: