
me and my really terrific boyfriend:) the fuhrman fam minus Phil at Jen's concert
Me and my kiddos (the first year in four that we got all of the letters going the correct direction and it wasn't even my fault:). Notice, as my friend Jeff says, I'm the "as_" in Christmas:) I didn't plan that. Shoot.
Oh, this is from Thanksgiving. me, J-train, and our precious grandparents (mamaw and papaw).

So, why do I always let this happen? the whole entire year I say to myself "I should update my addresses so when Christmas comes around I'm ready to rock and roll." But do I ever really succeed? No, not really. But here I am again...for about the 12th or 13th year in a row wondering where I put "so and so's address" and knowing full well that snail mail Christmas card can be done without...but I just can't let myself not do them. They make me happy. I love opening my mailbox and finding a Christmas treasure there. I love dropping one in the mailbox for people I love...thinking about how they will love looking at the card I made or the funny picture of my class (see above). And the saying "a picture says a 1000 words" or something like that...it doesn't do the personalities in my class justice. Just today one of my funnier ones spent about 15 minutes in the bathroom and I asked him if he was okay and he replied "yeah, I think I'm homesick." cracked me up.
But anywho...note to self, don't look at kindergarten teacher websites after a long day at school. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough and I'm trying to scale back anyway. Here's a word of truth my Aunt Dianna told me one time ""There's always going to be someone better at something than you are." Yes, true story. And what is my purpose for doing a good job as a teacher? So others will be impressed or so God will be glorified? So my kids will learn in a way that is meaningful for them or so that we will produce elaborate hall displays that look cute but really don't mean anything to my kiddos?
But anyway...need to finish hunting down those addresses:)

1 comment:
You're a cool kid, Ms. F! I'm glad I know you =0)
Post a Comment