endless gifts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So here I am. I should have been in bed 2 hours ago. But getting those report cards finished seemed to take priority tonight since they're due tomorrow morning. It always sneaks up on me. I've been overwhelmed the past 2 days about just getting back into the normal routine from day to day. It seems harder than it needs to be. Somedays I wonder if my students are really learning anything and then I hear one of them say something that makes me laugh and I know that they are learning more than they signed up for.
But since i have to get up in 5 hours, I should get my little self to bed. So long, fare well.

Oh, short tribute to my mom in honor of her birthday.

Oh mom, oh mom,
how funny you are
you keep chocolate in a little jar
you make me laugh
without meaning to and
are very thoughtful ,
through and through

1 comment:

Katie said...

They are definitely learning stuff...like you said, maybe more than they signed up for. But I think back to my kindergarten experience, and I remember that my teacher was always grumpy, and she was always grumpy. I also remember the letter people, but who doesn't. Anyway, I know your kids are learning so much more from watching you than listening to you :) and that is so encouraging...because you are positive, patient, and have a wonderfully fun and sarcastic sense of humor. I am so glad that you do what you do...I know it is so draining (well actually I don't know how draining), but I am glad for those kids that you choose to pour your energy into them. Have a good weekend, I can't wait till Chuck E Cheese.