So today we went to the fire station and we walked there from school. It only took about 20 minutes. On the way back, you would have thought I was forcing some of them to run a marathon.
"Miss Fuhrman, I'm so tired. I think I might fall asleep right now."
"Miss Fuhrman, will you carry me?"
"Miss Fuhrman, I need a 20 minute drink (water I hope)."
But anyway, it was a good little trip. The kids saw where the firemen sleep, eat, play pingpong, tour the ambulance, try on fire gear, see my friend Mrs. Bennett get strapped to one of those back board things they use for people in car accidents, and saw the ladder and water hose in action. My favorite thing though was one of my more "out of the box" students giving the firemen a picture he drew for them and he had written his address down at the bottom ("just in case.")
Tomorrrow is our halloween party. Wish me luck:)

2 comments:
kids are funny.
you'd think that my 7th graders were being asked to sell their soul, the way they complain about writing and reading. it's quite hilarious. most of the time.
good luck w/the halloween party!
Hope the party goes well and that your tired students recover quickly from their long walk =0)
Post a Comment