endless gifts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#383 and counting

383.  the buds have unfurled!  Love those beautiful trees!
384. getting home from school earlier than usual
384. time for a walk on a gorgeous day to the little park down the street
385. calves frolicking and chasing each other in the field
386. the "fingernail" sliver of  a moon
387. we celebrated our 1.5 anniversary on Sunday...I know, we're somewhat ridiculous but my husband is such a gift from Above!
388. Coldstone ice cream cake as a surprise to celebrate the above
389. sharing something I love with others
390. catching up with a dear friend who lives several states away
391. eating lunch with some of my students...it's somewhat of a sacrifice, but it's always guaranteed interesting conversation
392. being told by one of my students today "You're the best teacher, Mrs.G" I asked her why she thought that and she said "cause you let us do fun stuff and you love us."
393. a parent of a student I tutor told me that her son wakes up every morning asking if it was "tutoring with Mrs. G today?" (he used to wake up asking what special class he had that day...now somehow I'm the highlight of his week:)
394. having my jolly custodian back
395. one of my teacher friends noticing I was locked out after school as she was driving by, she stopped and let me in with her key card (I was going crazy trying to figure out how to get back inside)
396. the absence of a migraine headache
397. dinner turning out better than i thought it would
398. got to meet and talk in person with my favorite Sara Groves on Saturday...she signed my journal! I felt so cool. I wish we could hang out over coffee or something. I know we'd be great friends:)
399.  the graciousness and understanding of my principals
400.  my husband doing chores, laundry, and  grocery shopping so I  could have a restful weekend
401. new crayons (have I said this one before...I think it should be count for two)
402. awesome counselor whom I can ask for help at school when I have students with situations that are very big and way over my head
403. puffy clouds
404. "mental health" days
405. picnics on windy days
406. new babies!
407. Jones soda
408. picnic baskets
409. surprises (the good kind)
410. crazy bird at the window at school
411. crayola colors like "inchworm green"
412. sermons to watch online
413. finding pictures in the clouds!
414. my husband finding his wedding ring (he had taken it off to play a drum and put it in his pocket and as he says "I'd been on drugs" (sinus stuff I think)
415. warm sun on my back
416. truth resonating deep within
417. beams of sunlight shining down through the clouds
418. talking with my mamaw on her birthday...and how her birthday is exactly 3 months before mine...I've always liked that.
419.  having conversations about God with 6 year olds (according to one of my students, Jesus was "stapled" to the cross)





No comments: