endless gifts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#251 and beyond

So typing is a little hard right now (as I cut my finger pretty good last night on a knife while doing dishes), we'll see how far I can go...
251. half days off of school so I can go to a 20 minute doctor's appointment. I got a nap out of it with Joey the cat!
252. being a kindergarten teacher on Valentine's day (how can you not feel loved with chocolate and cards?)
253. my sister's boyfriend writing a song and singing it for her...it really wasn't cheesy at all actually!
254. the pointer finger on my dominant hand...it does so much in an average day!
255. students who rub off my rough edges
256. my teacher friend who brought me sour patch kids (one of my favorite sour candies) one day to cheer me up after a rough day before
257. students who ask me"What's wrong with you Mrs. G? Are you sick?" when I tell them I'll be gone in the afternoon.
258. getting 2 hand written notes in the mail today
259. chapter to read for free from Ann Voskamp's new book
260. snow and slush melting off the fields and from the "mountains" in parking lots (never mind that the Farmer's Almanac predicts another blizzard much like the "Groundhog Day" one  the end of February...)
261. breakfast in bed
262. pink shoes on a gray day
263. highs in the 60s and 70s in February
264. outdoor recess and the sound of balls bouncing
265. five years olds and hula hoops
266. popcicles on a sore throat
267. my husband who anticipates my needs
268. the worship and visual arts team at my church and the little things they do that enhance our worship experience
269. gift cards in the mail...thanks mom and dad!
270. being trusted
271; studying God's Word and application with a good friend
272. breakfast date at Ginger Sue's in Liberty
273. antique stores...if only something being old actually made it less expensive in this case! I could spend days antique shopping.
274. town squares
275. creating something I know others will love
276. my funny husband who bought me a Valentine's Day card that meows...he gets me! (every time Joey the cat hears it, he comes running)

What is something you are thankful for today? An "endless gift?" A blessing from above. Nothing is too small...

1 comment:

Bob Cory said...

My Comments:
253. Uuummmm, yeah, I'm kind of mad about this one. No matter what I gave my wife it couldn't compare with the song- it was fabulous! I actually named a star after Megan, but when I heard the song I threw away the certificate, it was useless.
272. Yes, this was yummalicioius! I'd recommend the aloha something omlette or the blueberry pancakes

Something I'm thankful for: red velvet cake made by my wife.