endless gifts

Monday, November 8, 2010

Where did my favorite month go?

It's no secret that October is my favorite month...at least as far as "non-school related" items are concerned (the yummy smells, the changing season, it's now our anniversary month, the world just seems at it's best then, etc...). But good grief Charlie Brown, as far as school is concerned, good luck staying sane :) This would explain my pictorial absence as of recently. So here goes in order to catch myself up...

Week of Oct. 22


# 1-4 Went to Parkville on a Saturday and just sat under a tree at English Landing Park. It was lovely. I read a book that wasn't school related just for fun!


#5 pretty tree at St. Therese Church and School#6- I made Pecan Bars (pretty much like pecan pie in a delightful little square)
#7 Made chocolate chip pumpkin cookies#8 Joey looking especially adorable-keeping the blanket warm :)

#9 Joey inspects the grocery bags when I get home from the grocery store. We call him "Inspector #37."
Week of Oct. 29
#10 My friend Brooke told me about this...but make sure you throw it out before 2 weeks (it got all squishy and leaked gross pumpkin juices all over my husband. Yuck!)
#11 Went to see the the little monkey pants at MNU-she was in the Homecoming Court. It was fun times! #12 Pumpkin Pie Dip (very yummy with apple slices-especially Granny Smith, gingersnaps, or pretzel sticks)

#13 I made butternut-carrot squash soup, put it in a bread bowl, and put roasted pumpkin seeds on top! (This was a day I didn't have school so I actually had some time :)
#14 Bob gives it 2 thumbs up!
#15 Went home to Bolivar, came down with strep throat, and saw my girls Katie and Tara in their Halloween costume finery:) I can't believe how fast they're growing up!

Week of Nov. 5
#15 -17 Some favorite fall cards I made...#18-19 Bob sent me flowers at school for our 13 month anniversary...just to surprise me:) It was very thoughtful and made my day! My kids made sure they "oohed" and "aahed" appropriately :)

video-my sister in the homecoming court and her escort Taylor (they were hilarious...I would expect no less).

4 comments:

thatangiegirl said...

Two things:
#1: how did I not know your sister went to MNU? That's where I graduate from.

#2: how do you make all of those amazing things and still remain tiny? Not fair. :)

Megan said...

#1-I don't know...I think I keep thinking I need to tell you and then I always forget. :) She loves it! It's sort of funny since my dad is a professor at a southern baptist school much like MNU and many people thought she'd go to SBU (where my dad works) or Jewell, but it's been a really good fit for her!

#2-Thanks for thinking I'm tiny. I don't often have that opinion. It must be my job...hardly have time to eat and run around chasing children all day :) It will probably change when I have kids:)

Katie said...

That soup looks awesome...no one in my family would eat it, but maybe I could convince you to bring me some. :) So what was the book?

Megan said...

Next time I make it, I will send some to Indiana (because the next time I most likely will make it will be next October :)
It was one of the Francine Rivers' books...can't remember the name at the moment. Her Daughter's Dream maybe?