- We are created for Beauty, Truth, and Grace and Our Father desires for us to walk in that way. His Beauty and the beauty he has created in His children and Creation is enough to take our breathe away at times. His Beauty is reviving and refreshing...like driving over a hill and glimpsing the "big red rubber ball" (morning sun) coming up over the horizon with the autumn mist drifting silently over the fields. Or the harvest moon watching silently from it's ordained place in the sky as the whispy clouds pass over and create whimsical shadows. His Beauty keeps me sane. He is Beauty even though I've never set my eyes on the physical Jesus. Yet. His Truth is often times like a proverbial slap in the face...a slap we need. His Truth often comes in the form of "out of the mouths of babes." After spending more than 6 years with five and six year olds as my occupation, I can attest to this. His Truth is also refreshing...what we need but maybe not what we want. But the funny thing is that once I am confronted with Truth, I want more of it. He is the Way and the Truth and the Life after all. His Grace can often times come unnoticed. It isn't until I intentionally start looking for His goodness that I become aware of His Grace...hence the "thankful lists." Then I start to see a pattern of Grace. His Grace is also reviving and refreshing just like Beauty and Truth. For me at this very moment, His Grace is an understanding and supportive husband who knew I needed a quiet and refreshing weekend in our physical home instead of a weekend reunion with beloved college friends. Just me and the kitty and Jesus. His Grace makes me say "Wow, I could never repay you for the goodness you've bestowed upon me...so much more than I could have expected." And this is good for me...not being able to repay Someone or someone. I think that's Grace. It's by His Grace that we know Truth and Beauty.
- To absorb more of the above in my life, the more quiet I need. Literal quiet. And so I will stop my words here so I can encounter more of His Beauty, Truth, and Grace.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Untitled Post
The longer i live here on Earth (which really is a blink of an eye...my almost 30 years)... and the longer I stumble along and walk in this Journey with my Savior the more I am convinced of these 2 things:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment