It seems March has come and gone and now ... POW! ... here is spring. I was thinking it would never be here. It seems the theme of this past winter could easily be the book penned by Laura Ingalls Wilder (which my dad read to me when I was little every night before i went to sleep)
The Long Winter. I'm sure my winter wasn't still nearly half as hard as Laura's would have been in South Dakota or wherever she was living, but on my barometer, it was one that seemed to stretch on and on. (It's funny how not having a spring break to give you a "second wind" can really make life harder too. I got along just fine without a spring break when I was younger and went to Park Hill. But then I spend 9 years in Bolivar where having a spring break is a right that you get just like you get air to breathe and i get used to it. Then I get transplanted and ...."whoa, whoa, whoa!" ... no spring break? This was my second year and it wasn't much easier. But I digress...)I confess my picture taking for purposes other than school has been lacking the past month or so...(but gosh, I have 100s of pictures I could show you from school in the last month) but I think that's probably connected to that fact that Joey ran away and i didn't have as many great photo opps as before. But yay! We got our new kitty this weekend


...he was a stray my parents' neighbors in BOlivar (Katie and Tara) took in and affectionately called "Baby Bob." Not really quite sure how the sweet kitty got his name...but alas, that would have been confusing to have a husband named "BOb" and a cat named "Bob." "Hey, don't pee on the carpet!" could really cause some conflict with my husband. SO, we're calling him "Pippin" or "Pip" for short (if you are a Lord of the Rings fan, you might recall that Pippin is one of Frodo's hobbit friends who accompanies him on his journey for most of the time.)
But anyway, here's my meager attempt for the week of
March 26

The big news that week was that my husband got a new job! Hooray! And he'll have "normal" hours-which means for us no weekends (no more Friday and Saturdays alone for me!) and no nights...just a "regular" 8-5 monday through Friday job. It's really a God thing the whole way, but he'll be working for Garmin (the GPS people) 15 minutes from our house (no more 40 min. commutes...now his is shorter than mine). We're thrilled about it...he starts a week from today.

These are the 21 little people I spend my days with...we had the Easter Bunny pay us a little visit last week. They were pretty excited!
Week of
April 2
Phil and Jen in b-town
Me, Tara, Jen, and Katie (they gave me and Bob the kitty). The girls are like my nieces.
We were celebrating my husband's birthday early.
Mom and Katie making a garden stone for Stinky, our kitty that died.
Easter eggs we dyed.
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure "Little House on the Prairie" took place in Walnut Grove, MO.
Excited for you guys about the upcoming changes!
word verification: ilinc
nope, not all of them. They moved to Mansfield, MO later on in her life but when she was growing up I'm pretty sure it was north or south dakota:) Somewhere where there's lots of snow:)
Post a Comment