endless gifts

Sunday, November 22, 2009

So I think I've been nominated by Lara to put 10 random things about myself on my blog. For your reading pleasure. She listed me as "Megan F." but I think I'm the only Megan F. she knows past or present (even though now I'm technically "Megan G."). Either that or I'm egocentric enough to think that people would want to know 10 random facts about me.

1. On my visit to Old Navy yesterday, I spotted an adorable pea coat. It was pink. and cute. And made for a 12-18 month old baby girl. And that made me want to have a baby much sooner than we should. I carried it around Old Navy for about 10 minutes trying to find my sister to show her and watch her probably roll her eyes at me.

2. I love sour candy. And it gives me gas. This might be more info than you wish to know, but it's true. And my husband would attest to this horrible fact.

3. I hardly ever call my sister by her name. Anything from "Monkey Muffin" to "Poopy Butt." And she calls me the same. But this is how I show my love for her.

4. When I was little (probably about 6), I had a pink tweety bird jacket. And one time I was at the store with my mom and passed the candy bins (you know, the ones where you scoop out what you want and put it in a bag and pay for it by the pound). And I put my hand in there while my mom was busy getting some apples or something. And i put some chocolate stars in my pocket. And took them home. And discovered them the next day at school during recess when I put my hand in my pocket. I felt horrible that I had stolen but didn't actually confess this to my mom until about 3 years ago.

5. I am double jointed. It's quite the fun conversation topic. I"m told this is a recessive trait so I think it's cool.

6. I talk in a cat voice for our cat Joey. We will have conversations when it's just the 2 of us. Bob calls me a nut (which I would agree) but it's fun. Sometimes the look on little Joeys' face just really makes me wonder what he's thinking. He has such personality.

7. I love watching the Cosby show. It's pretty much the only TV I watch right now, but I'm blissfully happy. I even dreamed I was apart of the Cosby family about a week or two ago.

8. I have an obsession with laundry dryer lint. I'm so weird .I seriously look forward to seeing how much is there after the laundry is done.

9. I sometimes daydream about being 5 again. I think I see my students and how their biggest concern is "What's for snack?" and "So and so say they're not my friend!" and I want to be them. But then I see that some of them have to deal with things such as "Will daddy hit mommy again today?" and "Will I have enough to eat this weekend?" and I realize their lives are harder than I thought.

10. I hate the little dried crusties on the ranch bottle, the milk bottle, and the mayonaise. REally, anything in that category. I seriously got up from the couch one time last spring only to open the fridge to check the ranch bottle and see if it needed cleaning. OCD you say? Possibly about some things:)

I will tag...
katie b
erin l

2 comments:

Katie said...

You are so funny Megan!

Lara said...

Yes! You are the one I nominated! How funny. I guess the Gelband hasn't sunk in yet.

So sorry I missed your call over Thanksgiving. We were in Lee's Summit all week, and I sort of let my phone go MIA and not worry about it. Although I can't say that's much different than normal. :) Will you be around for Christmas?