So I suffer from this illness...the grass is greener on the other side, I want what other people have, I can't seem to be content with the things I have in front of me, etc... however you'd like to describe it. For example, everytime I read/hear about young families and their precious kids I say "I want that." I can't wait to have kids. After having "practice" on other people's kids for going on 6 years now, I feel like I'm somewhat prepared (although I'm sure seasoned parents would tell me that you can't really be prepared for it). And i know my husband will be a great father! But I know I'm not in that place yet. And if make an "idol" out of having a God honoring family, that's not good either. I know that sounds like an oxymoron...how could something that could be God honoring become an idol? I suppose it's the way with our flesh...we seem to have this amazing ability to turn things that are completely innocent and God honoring into things that are not and things that we prioritize over everything else in an unhealthy way. ( I guess that would be my working definition of an idol)
Anyway, don't have any funny kindergarten anecdotes tonight...just thoughts on my mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment