endless gifts

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sigh. Sunday evening. I've got the "back to school blues." Please don't get me wrong...I love it once I get there. It's just getting started is all. Kind of like back when I was a real runner and I would get up early in the summer and go running around the lake. I was seriously crazy. But I would love it once I got started. The cool air before the day got all humid and hectic. And I would pass all the walkers and their nice little dogs. And i would count how many people had their recycling boxes out on Wednesdays. I notice weird things like that. But I digress.

Here are a few things I love about being a kindergarten teacher:
-The fact that not a day goes by that I don't get called "mom...I mean Miss Fuhrman."
-The scary responsibility that what I say goes as fact to my students even if their parents have told them 100 times.
-That I get hugs and "I love you" just for being me.
-That I can get paid to sing funny songs.
-The transformation I get to witness from August to May. This is the time of year where it's really exciting!

So with that I'm going to eat the dinner that Bob is making, fold my laundry, and go to bed.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so happy for you!

Happiness overflows from your posts, and I love it!