I know I don't often do this...but I was especially affected by it this morning. One of my favorite websites is www.lifetime.org and they have daily devotionals that lack the normal "cheese" of which many daily devos are "chock full." But off of my soapbox, the verse was focusing on Psalm 28:7 and how many times I have "read it"-just skimmed it really-not really getting any deeper meaning. But it was broken down into an application of what each part of the verse could mean. It's probably not that profound-you probably discovered it years ago-but the author made this point when exploring what the part "and I am helped" could mean-
"my circumstances are altered"- Either by
1. removal of the circumstances (which is what most of us have in mind when we ask for God's help-or-ahemm, at least what I want, God)
2. a deeper understanding of the circumstances ("oh ick, God, you want me to learn something from this? You want to develop my Christ-likeness? When I prayed for patience I didn't really mean it")
3. by wisdom to meet the circumstances ("Hey God, the problem didn't move. Did you know that?")
4. or by grace to live with the circumstances ("the problem is still there, God! What are you dong about it? Oh, your grace is sufficient for me you say? Oh, you have given me everything i need for life and godliness? " )
Anywho, so I know there are children dying in Africa and those with not enough to eat today, but I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself since this is my 3rd day sick at home and I'm a little bit tired of it. The novelty of watching movies and episodes of Lost online has lost some of it's appeal. And I'm missing out on going with the fam to the apple orchard which makes me sad (however, I do get to see my boyfriend which I wasn't planning on today-so 3 points for me!) and I'm sick of being sick. But after reading the above, I'm reminded that He is my help. It might just mean that he will give me the grace to sit on the couch and not be productive for another whole day. And I'll need to be okay with that. But He makes it possible for me to be okay with it. Because He gives me the grace needed.
So, I'll just live vicariously through others who are enjoying my favorite month of the year. Outside. Today.

2 comments:
hey, i'm not gonna lie and say i read your post. i got excited that i happened to find your blogspot blog and wanted to comment immediately.
how's it going Megan?
Good here :) the wife and i now live in the grand state of Colorado and i'm teaching middle school while she goes to grad school for PhD.
I hope you're well :)
oh...also...
hatewaslegend.blogspot.com
:)
Post a Comment