endless gifts

Thursday, September 18, 2008

So yesterday morning I was really bothered by my gross looking toenails so I took my nailpolish off but didn't have time to repaint before school. I thought to myself "I hate having my toes go 'naked' for a day, but no one will notice." Little did I know that one of my more fashion conscious girls would say to me during carpet time (She sits right in front of me) "Miss Fuhrman, you need to paint your toenails!" (her tone was funny too-sort of like "I can't believe you would leave the house like that!")

And today we had a tornado drill and I had to cram all 22 of us into my little bathroom. Add 2 crying kids into the mix and the lights turned off and no wonder i took an entire bag of chocolate out to recess.

Yesterday I was told very seriously, "Miss Fuhrman, I have a headache in my shoulder." That cracked me up.

One of my personal favorites this week has been the journal entry one of my kids wrote-"This is my dog peeing in the grass." And it was very detailed, complete with a yellow stream of something coming from underneath the dog.

I'm off to lesson planning...wish me luck.

Grace and peace.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Megan, you can bring dessert or nothing, and then we can skip dessert...I won't waste away anytime soon.

I still don't know how you are sane, I feel for you each time you post about your class, and I think I would need more than a bag of chocolates at recess. I also can not imagine keeping a school room with 20+ 5 year olds picked up, even if I did have a custodian (bless his/her heart). Then have to think about cleaning your own place. I only have one place, and it is overwhelming. You are awesome, and I hope every single parent realizes how awesome you are.

Katie said...

I meant each parent, Every single parent gave the wrong connotation...sorry.