endless gifts

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From Disaster to Delightful in 2 weeks!




So I know you've been waiting on the edge of your seat for these pictures...



This is the journey my classroom has made the past 2 weeks.




This is my closet before I took everything out, sorted it, threw stuff away, threw stuff in the hallway if I was undecided, had a few exclaimations of frustration and "For the love" Miss Champion style (She's forever saying this when she encounters ridiculous situations and it makes me laugh), and then put what I wanted to keep back on the shelves. There was some interesting things in there to say the least.







THis is the closet with minimal things in it. Notice the important things-my nalgene and my coffee on the shelf. They were my constant friends:)








Here is the closet organized and labeled! Bob can attest to how fun that was:) I was a little cranky that day.



This is what my room looked like with all of my boxes i dumped in there.






And this is what my room looks like today! Hooray!






I met most of my students tonight and I got so excited. I usually can't sleep the night before I met them and last night wasn't an exception (although I had other things on the brain too:) It makes me excited and anxious all at once.



And my back to school decorating wouldn't be complete without my chicka chicka boom boom tree. I think I've done one in some way or other every year. This one is my favorite I think.


And so there are about to be 22 lives put into my charge for 9 months. I won't be able to meet every need. I may not even be able to meet most of them. I definitely won't meet any of them on my own power.
But here's to One who can.

"Oh to GRACE how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be. Let your goodness like a fetter bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander Lord I feel it..."

2 comments:

Katie said...

The room looks awesome! So does the closet! It is great that you are so excited for school! I am thinking about moving to E.S. so my kids can have you as there teacher...

Rhianna Garber said...

Your room looks huge! I always loved getting my room ready for the first days of school.

This year Tim has my first group of Kindergarten kids. I am anxious to see them now in 6th grade.

Good luck! I know you will be great.