Well here I am...a journey that began roughly 15 months ago has reached it's destination. I intend on continuing, but I'm excited to reach this milestone. Made it to 1000!
959. how the things I say to my students come back to haunt me :) (examples: "Don't let it ruin your day." "Can you do that even though it's hard?" )
960. warm car in the morning
961. a student's excitement over a new coat I was able to find for her
962. new book I'm loving
963. movement in a situation that I was wanting to go somewhere:)
964. haven of peace at school
965. outdoor recess
966. taking care of my husband when he's sick
967. kitty curled up on my feet
968. the glistening of the sidewalk after the rain on a cold night
969. corner booth at an Italian restaurant, celebrating my husband's new job
970. watching the deforster on my car work and melt ice off the windshield before my very eyes
971. a Christmas gift from a student I had last year (see #121-she's the sweetest thing ever)
972. the para (aide for some of my students) who is so on top of things ... I so appreciate her if I haven't already said it!
973. a sister who is a nurse that I can call with medical questions
974. tomato peels in the sink
975. card game over lunch
976. riding in the backseat of the car (which I don't normally do)
977. sharing our humble apartment with people
978. hearing the arrival of family members at the front door (from the other room)
979. sunlight high up in the clouds in an airplane
980. playing a new game with my family
981. neighbors who leave homemade bread at our doorstep
982. mailbox full of Christmas cards
983. no large crowds or lines more than 5 minutes a week before Christmas
984. God pulling me through a grueling week...He is faithful!
985. the washing machine open when I want to use it
986. taking my mom's wedding dress out of the box that's been sealed for 30 years
987. favorite movie
988. pile of randome teacher things on my desk at the day's end
989. being asked my opinion about something
990. finally being home
991. a detour (hard thing to be thankful for)
992. principal who takes my recess duty
993. principal who reads to my students
994. principal who says "yes" to classroom needs
995. encouragement from a colleague
996. getting my Christmas things out of the box
997. nutcracker tea...I could drink that stuff in July!
998. snack on my way out the door
999. morning candy as I'm walking out to recess
1000. putting ornaments on my classroom tree with a student
1001. sleepover at friends house for New Years...it felt like an "in town" retreat
1002. seeing people who have been very patient and God honoring on their wedding day
1003. being surprised by a friend's presence
1004. Christmas money to spend...
1005. time to read ... and it wasn't even school related
1006. a new quilt made just for me (and my husband too...it's not just mine I suppose)
1007. the sound and smell of bacon frying
1008. meeting a goal

No comments:
Post a Comment