endless gifts

Friday, October 15, 2010

stories and a few more thankfuls

38. that great anticipation and craning of your neck to see the bride getting ready to walk down the aisle...you can almost feel it
39. what a good cry can accomplish...
40. donuts, milk, and cookies
42. what you can do with paper, some glue, ribbon, and buttons-fun paper creations like cards :)
43. A God (and a husband for that matter) who absolutely gets me...even when I don't get myself

*The other day we were walking back in from recess and everyday I remind the kids "We're going to keep our hands in our pockets when we walk by the teeter totter..." and one of my funny little girls says "Don't worry Mrs. G...I won't touch the 'tator totter.' " I definitely laughed to myself on that one.

*One of my students' moms emailed me the following:
"I wanted to tell you that when I picked him up from daycare yesterday, he was so excited to show me something that he had in his bag. When we got home, he opened his BEE binder and took out your picture. He said "mommy, isn't she so pretty?" I just want you to know that he thinks the world of you and you have made a huge difference in his attitude and his behavior."

I got that email on a morning when I really needed it too!

*We are making family label books in writing workshop and I encouraged the kids to bring in a family photo to help with the process. One of my students comes to me the other day with a very concerned look on his face . "Mrs. G, _____ said something about my mom...and I don't think it's good." (I started thinking "your mama" jokes) I go talk to student B who also happens to be my "love pit" student. I asked him what the problem was and he responded "I called his mom "hot."
I said: "Well, we don't really say that at school about people's moms. You could say she's really pretty instead."
Love Pit: But she's not pretty...she's hot!
I said: That might be so, but I don't think ____ likes it very much when you say that about his mom. Please just say she's pretty instead.

Anyway, had those on my mind while getting ready for bed. Thought you might smile.


No comments: