endless gifts

Friday, February 5, 2010

oh dear...look at the time

Currently Watching: In the Land of Women
Currently Listening to :(this week) Sara Groves' "Fireflies and Songs" ( highly recommend it!) and Jimmy Needham's "Not Without Love"

So I apologize it's been three weeks...again. I promise I Just turn around and three weeks had passed...just like that. I do have a picture update (insert three cheers here!)...


Jan. 22
So a perk of being a teacher in January (in contrast to all of the indoor recess with over 40 five and six year olds day after day that will drive any person half crazy) is that I got MLK day off. My brother, sister, Bob, and I had brunch at one of our favs-First Watch. We had a little photo opp.
Bob got a picture with his "new" siblings. He's super excited about having a brother and sister. As you can tell, they're thrilled too :) Bob is a good addition to any family, if you ask me.






Jan. 29



I didn't quite know what to do with myself as I had an actual 5 day workweek. Here is an example of Joey the cat being ridiculously lazy and cute. See what I'm up against on a daily basis? It's hard to resist. I had to show you this picture so you would appreciate the next one...



me doing an impression of Joey on his back with his paws in the air. I know I look dumb but it's really quite a good Joey impression. Now if I could only sleep 21 hours a day...



Feb. 5


On a more serious note, my beloved "Papaw" (grandfather on my mom's side) went to be with Jesus this past week. I'm happy for him because he doesn't have to suffer in his earthly body anymore and he has a new body and gets to hang out with Jesus in heaven. However, I know it's really hard for my sweet Mamaw as they've been married over 60 years and I can't imagine the adjustment that would be. They did everything together and still very much loved each other. It's what good country songs are made of :) Anyway, if you think of it, please pray for her. I went to Georgia with the fam for an extended weekend to celebrate Papaw's life and returned home late Monday. They did a really cool thing at his burial...they let go 3 doves (representing the Father, Son, and Holy SPirit) and then immediately released a 4th dove (representing Papaw's spirit) joining the others. IT was a really neat picture. I picked the below picture because it's a good one of my mom, Mamaw and Bob (he's pushing her in the chair). It was a beautiful day to celebrate Papaw's life. My dad actually ended up getting to preach party of the funeral service and burial and it was one of the most powerful things I've heard in a long time. I will miss my Papaw, my summer visits and playing Uno with him, and our Saturday phone calls, but I don't have any regrets. I feel like we had a very close relationship and I can look back on my life now and realize that I have been very blessed with the extended family I have.




Hopefully, it won't be three weeks next time...


Oh...a few kindergarten funnies...


1. *"Mrs. G...my leg hurts everytime i talk." student


*"well, I guess you shouldn't talk anymore then." (me to student who really enjoys talking too much)


2. I asked a child why their behavior was a problem and he replied "I wasn't bein' 'spectful" (respectul). That made me smile.


3. One of my students was having a conversation with her mom in the doctor's office one day. They were talking about what I would name my kids and they said "Well, if it's a boy, they can name it 'Joey Bob' (after Joey the cat and Bob my husband) and if it's a girl it can be Bobbie Joe." My little student replies to her mom "Those aren't good names mom..." to which her mom replied "Well what do you consider a good name?" to which my little student replied "Lulu."


I don't know how she came up with that as a proper name either.


Peace, love, and truth...


No comments: