So my blog and I have had this relationship lately similar to me and good friends I haven't talked with in a while. Like an old friend, my blog is still important to me, it seems to be an important part of my journey, and fun to catch up with...and also like an old friend my blog has been neglected as of late. I think what happens is this...there are so many moments in a day, a week, a month that go by and i think "I will write about that...it's hilarious!" and then time rolls around and i finally get around to it and I think ... "What was it I was going to write about again?"
And then I get sad :(
So here I am...I have been putting off the blog update for several days now...and I'm on the 3rd snow day so I really have had no excuse. I don't think I've been outside (except to do laundry) since Monday night so you know I'm getting plenty of time inside :) Another similarity between my blog and an old friend is the temptation to want to tell it everything that has happened since I last saw him or her and that would just be overwhelming. So putting that aside...
So did I tell you about the funny Christmas presents from my students? Where do I start...with the sweet little girl who got a gift for the whole family (card stuff for Mrs. G, cookie cutters for Mr. Bob so he could make me "I love you" cookies, and a cat toy for Joey the cat) or the effort consuming little boy who was so excited about the gift he got me in the Walmart Clearance aisle that he couldn't he wait for me ot open it? He kept pulling the tissue paper out of the bag before I had a chance and asking me what i thought about each item.
And then what do I say about Christmas? That I think we criss crossed the state of Missouri at least 5 times by all of our driving, that thank goodness I'm getting time at home now with unexpected snow days, or that I enjoyed making memories and traditions with my new husband? Or all of the above. A highlight would be that we went to Nashville to see his parents and stayed in a historic B and B. The owner had a dog named Herbie and he was this huge sheep dog and so fun. I went to Bolivar 3 times but sadly only one of those times was more than 24 hours. Went to see the Fuhrman cousins and extended fam which is always a good time... and got to reconnect with many people who are near and dear to my heart and life's story.
I would be amiss if I didn't mention that Bob and I added a new member to our family...our Cuisinart stand mixer. Bob gets excited seeing it sit on the kitchen counter. I get excited thinking about all of the yummy things I have and will make using it. I really think this is one of the things that could be symbolic for our relationship...Bob remembers I wrote about it in an email before we started officially dating (even though really our emails were a form of that...we just didn't have a word for it) and how excited he was that i wanted one too. (at the time it was a Kitchen Aid mixer)
I've made a decision, I am going to post a "picture of the week. " Not quite as ambitious as my friend Sarah Jo's "picture of the day" but I think this is more feasible for me. I love the stories that pictures tell. 
Yes, we got married. This will be my first "picture of the week" even though it happened back in October. If you want to see more....I have some of my favorites on facebook. 
YOu can click on the link in my most recent post above...

No comments:
Post a Comment