endless gifts

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

getting our shots

So a few weeks ago I was giving a timed assessment to each of my students in the closet (I know something about that doesn't sound quite right...but it was legit I tell you) where they had to tell me as many letter names as possible in a minute. One of my students started they nasty rumor that "Miss Fuhrman is giving shots in the closet." Good grief. I had to give them a little clarification on that.

Then yesterday we were getting a brief "dental screening" and the rumor surfaced again as we were standing outside of the room looking on... "will it hurt?" "will we get a sticker?" "I think we're getting a shot." SEriously guys. But after realizing that they probably had their fill of shots this summer to come to kindergarten...it's in their "schema." (fancy word for experience).

Today one of my kids asked me what my job was. Really? "This is my job sweetie. I'm a teacher." I thought that was funny. I better get paid if I'm spending over 50 hours a week on this.

Getting married in 18 days! I'm having my kids practicing my new name...Mrs. G. I figure that's remarkably easier than Mrs. Gelband :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

they think we're having so much fun together all day that teaching can't be our "real" job! I've heard the same thing... once I told them I was excited because it was pay day - they said, "Why do you get paid?" haha :)