endless gifts

Friday, June 5, 2009

close call

So the other day Bob and attempted making waffles (which didn't work out and it was really my fault). So I wanted to be helpful and was trying to clean up from breakfast. I was trying to get the beaters out of the hand mixer and failed to check to see if it was still plugged in. Big. Mistake. Instead of pressing the eject button, I accidentally turned it on and my hand got stuck in between the beaters. Bob said it was actually a really good thing that it was a cheaply made mixer as the beater bent inward with the pressure of my hand as I turned it on. Otherwise, I would probably not be typing so easily at this moment. Bob heard a strange "errrr..." noise coming from the kitchen, asked if I was okay (which I responded "no") and came to the rescue. Lots of ice and aleve later, I'm good to go. But it could have been so, so much worse!

Anyway, feel free to laugh because I definitely have laughed since it happened.

1 comment:

jenniferharrisdault said...

OUCH! Glad you are okay. That sounds insanely painful. Please stick to cheap mixers -- I want your fingers to remain intact!

Sorry you went through all of that and ended up sans waffles =0(