endless gifts

Thursday, November 20, 2008

So after 2 parking passes, $58 dollars, and going through the metal detector, I am a free woman. I had to go to traffic court this afternoon downtown and I was very much not looking forward to it (haven't really met anyone who looks forward to it yet, but still). Anyway, I had seriously had a few bad dreams about this and really was frustrated by the whole thing. I had several conversations with people at the courthouse about "can't I just pay the fine in the mail?" and "it's really inconvenient for me to take an afternoon off" but none of that mattered.

The judge was this funny black man and he was cracking jokes the whole entire time. I quoted him as saying "Education is what you learn when you forget everything." I think that was in reference to someone not knowing who the Wright brothers were.
When he called my name he asked me if I was related to Mark Fuhrman (the lawyer from the OJ Simpson trial from over 10 years ago). I said "yes, but it's not the same Mark Fuhrman you are thinking of. " (he's my cool uncle who's the dentist and he's stinkin' hilarious)
He said "yeah, you probably still hear that all the time even a decade later." And then he assigned me a fine, wished me a good day, and pointed to the door so I could go pay.
It was as easy as that! Not that I plan on going back anytime soon, but for an afternoon I was really dreading, it was good. Not to mention I hung out with Erin and got to see my boyfriend:)

But anyway...not meaning to "over-spiritualize" on things but I was thinking later when I got home about how I was a law breaker according to God's law and Jesus paid my "fine" for me. There were a few people who had lawyers representing them and it was interesting. (I have an almost-lawyer brother so he's who I consulted) But anyway, it made me think about how now when God looks at me, he sees the righteousness of Christ.

But anyway...done procrastinating on lesson planning for now.

No comments: